1. Name the country that has issued ban on the import of Egg and Chicken from India in wake up of
the recommendations of the World Organisation for Animal Health about the outbreak of bird-flu in
the Government run Turkey Farm at Hesaraghatta, Karnataka.
Answer. (a) Oman
2. The Union Government of India in the Month of November 2012 announced a revised Minimum
Support Price (MSP) for cotton and this would help in inducing stabilisation in cotton price. Cotton
has witnessed a sharp decline in the past and remained operational round about its minimum support
price. The previous minimum support price of medium staple cotton was 2800 rupees per quintal.
What is the revised price for the same?
a) 3000 rupees per quintal
b) 3600 rupees per quintal
c) 3200 rupees per quintal
d) 4300 rupees per quintal
Answer. (b) 3600 rupees per quintal
3. The GAIL Gas Limited and a State Petroleum Corporation Limited recently in November 2012 signed an agreement for a Joint Venture to lay down the natural gas supply pipeline in the state. Name the state petroleum corporation with which GAIL inked the agreement?
a) Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited
b) Maharashtra State Petroleum Corporation Limited
c) Andhra Pradesh State Petroleum Corporation Limited
d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
Answer. (d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
4. The South African Reserve Bank in November 2012 rolled out new bank notes bearing the face of
the country’s iconic personality of the nation, marking it as a tribute to him. Name the person, whose
face was introduced in the currency notes?
a) Marais Viljoen
b) Nelson Mandela
c) Frederik Willem de Klerk
d) Kgalema Petrus Motlanthe
Answer. (b) Nelson Mandela
5. What was the percentage of retail inflation registered by Indian Market in the month of October
2012, as per the data released by the Union Government of India in November 2012 as per the
measurement done on the scale of Consumer Price Index?
a) 9.75 percent
b) 9.43 percent
c) 9.99 percent
d) 10 percent
Answer. (a) 9.75 percent
6. Which of the following statements are true?
a) The Solar Eclipse occur when the moon crosses between the Sun and the Earth blocking the sun
completely or partially.
b) The Solar Eclipse can occur only on the day of a new moon when, the sun and the moon lies in
conjunction to each other when seen from the earth.
c) Statements a and b are true.
d) None of the statements is true.
Answer. (c) Statements a and b are true
7. Researchers of University of Edinburgh discovered a new gene known as miR-941, which explains
the evolution of humans from the chimpanzees. Which of the following statements is true in this
a) The gene is found only in human beings.
b) The gene is found in humans and apes.
c) The gene could be used for knowing how humans learnt the usage of languages as well as tools.
d) Statements (a) and (c) are true.
Answer. (d) Statements (a) and (c) are true
8. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true?
a) Rheumatoid arthritis affects various organs.
b) Rheumatoid arthritis affects tissues, various organs as well as joints.
c) Both (a) and (b) are true.
d) Only (b) is true.
Answer. (c) Both (a) and (b) are true
9. A study led by Scientist and Evolutionary Anthropologist, Dean Falk of Florida State University
revealed in the Month of October that a Physicist’s brain had an "extraordinary" prefrontal cortex -
unlike those of most people which may have contributed to his remarkable genius. What is the name
of this physicist?
a) Stephen Hawking
b) Charles Darwin
c) Sir Issac Newton
d) Albert Einstein
Answer. (d) Albert Einstein
10. Researchers from Stanford who were led by the scientists of Indian origin, in the third week of
November 2012 claimed the development of fastest as well as most reliable mathematical algorithm
which can help the disabled trick the computer cursors. The computer cursors could be controlled
with the help of which mechanism?
Answer. (a) Thoughts
11. Where 8th meeting of the India-UK Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held on November 20, 2012 ?
Ans :- New Delhi
12. Where the Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National
Cancer Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India
Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) ?
Ans :- Jhajjar , Haryana
13. Who said “My father brought computers, we brought FDI”?
Ans- Rahul Gandhi
14.Which stock exchange was shut for 2 days because of Hurricane Sandy?
Ans- New York Stock Exchange
15. Arvind Kejriwal named his party by which name?
Ans:- Aam aadmi party
16.Who won woman athletes award 2012 of the year?
Ans:- United States sprinter Allyson Felix
17: Who became Youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History ?
Ans:- Sebastian Vettel of Germany
18:-The Indian national who was appointed as the as chief economist and Senior vice president of
Ans:- Kaushik Basu
19 . India signed of how many dollars deal US Dollar loan agreement with World Bank?
Ans.70 million US dollars
20 .Which Indian cricketer was awarded with BCCI's prestigious "Col CK Naydu Lifetime Achievement award"?
Ans:- Sunil Gavaskar
21 . Telecom company vodafone launched its transfer and payment service 'M- PESA' ?
22 . Which day has been declared as Malala Day by united nation?
Ans:- November 10
23 . Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab Hanged at which jail ?
Ans :- Yerwada Jail, Pune
24. Who defeated Spain in the finals of DAVIS cup 2012?
Ans:- The Czech Republic
25. Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for which thing?
26 .Who became the new Chairperson of IOA Election Panel (indian olympic association)?
Ans:- Anil Dev Singh
27. Apollo hospital signed pact with which airlines?
Ans:- Maldivian Airlines
28. The Indian national who was appointed as the as chief economist and Senior vice president of
Ans- Kaushik Basu
29. Who said “My father brought computers, we brought FDI”?
Ans- Rahul Gandhi.
30. Karishma Kapoor was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of a reputed French Fries and Potato
Specialties firm in India. Name the company that appointed her as its ambassador?
a) Surya Food and Agro Limited
b) McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
Answer. (b) McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
31. Himalaya Drug Company in second week of November 2012 won a fifteen years long battle in the
Delhi High Court against the homoeopathic firm over infringement of its medicine Liv 52 with its own
preparation that was named as Liv-T. Name the Homeopathic firm from which the battle was won?
a) Heel and BHI
c) Boiron Homeopathic
d) SBL Limited
Answer. (d) SBL Limited
32. Name the financial services giant that in November 2012 named 16 Indians as MDs and 3 as
Partners of its group?
a) Belize Banks and Banking System
b) Master Card Inc.
c) Goldman Sachs
d) Prudential plc international financial services company
Answer. (c) Goldman Sachs
33. The General Motors recently in November 2012 announced its plans of expand its annual
commissioning capacity at a Plant to 1.10 lakh units per year. The recent capacity of that plant is
85000 units. Name the plant?
a) Coimbatore Plant, Tamil Nadu
b) Uttarkashi Plant, Uttarakhand
c) Halol Plant, Gujarat
d) Jaipur Plant, Rajasthan
Answer. (c) Halol Plant, Gujarat
34. Name the Airlines Maldivian Airlines that signed a pact with the Chennai-headquartered Apollo
Hospitals to give discounts to each others’ clients in the month of November 2012?
a) Air Astana
b) Maldivian Airlines
c) Ethiopian Airlines
d) SriLankan Airlines
Answer. (b) Maldivian Airlines
35. Name the Online travel company that in November 2012 acquired the Hotel Travel Group (HT
Group) for $25 million.
a) Thomas Cook (India)
b) Make My Trip India Pvt Ltd
c) Club Mahindra
d) Trip Advisor
Answer. (b) Make My Trip India Pvt. Ltd.
36. Name the British Defence major that signed an agreement with Smile Foundation, a Non-
Government Organisation for supporting the underprivileged in Health Care and Primary Education?
a) BAE Systems
b) AB Precision (Poole) Ltd
c) Abbott & Co (Newark) Ltd
d) Avon Inflatables Ltd/Zodiac Milpro
Answer. (a) BAE Systems
37. Vodafone recently tied up with a Bank for launching its Mobile Payment Services. Name the Bank
with which the tie-up was done?
a) HDFC Bank
c) ICICI Bank
Answer. (c) ICICI Bank
38. In November 2012 a chain of coffee bar and a English Book Publishing company tied up to launch
the books together. Name the two brands?
a) Penguin Books and Café Coffee Day
b) Café Coffee Day and Rupa
c) Rupa and Barista Lavazza
d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
Answer. (d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
39. The first book to be released at Barista Lavazza would be of renowned writer Shobha De’s much
anticipated book. Which of the following statement in relation to the book launch is false?
a) Sethji Coffee is the name of book and Barista Lavazza as an Innovative marketing strategy has planned
to launch a new flavor of coffee, titled the ‘Sethji Coffee’ which is inspired from the traits of the lead
character of the book.
b) As per the deal Barista Lavazza is going to provide space to the Penguin Books for its high profile
book launches and in return it will bring the enriching collection of Penguin Books for free reading to its customers
c) The launches would be attended only by the invited guests from the two parties but restrictions
would be imposed on the fans and followers of the book from attending the Author Meet n Greet
Sessions for meeting and interacting with the authors.
d) In order to attract customers, Barista Lavazza would start a Book Club at its cafes, wherein customers can enjoy book reading sessions while sipping coffee
i. Statements a, b and d are false
ii. Statement a b and c are false
iii. Statement c is false
iv.Statement c and d is false
40.Who won the inaugural Asian Cricket Council’s Twenty20 Asia Cup 2012?
Ans-The Indian women’s cricket team.
41.Who will take over as DGP of Haryana from Ranjeev Singh Dalal?
Ans-S N Vashisht.
42.Which company was downgraded on the lines of earnings outlook to underperform from neutral
recently by Credit Suisse?
Ans- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
43.Which stock exchange was shut for 2 days because of Hurricane Sandy?
Ans- New York Stock Exchange
44. India-Japan-US Trilateral Dialogue was held in New Delhi in to enhance cooperation on combating maritime security, combating piracy and leveraging their strengths to shape the Asia- Pacific architecture and was the third trilateral meeting of its type. What was the place, where the first round of these talks took place?
b) New Delhi
c) New Jersey
Answer. (d) Washington
45. India and Canada in November 2012 succeeded in creating a mechanism for shipping Canadian
Uranium to India clearing the mistrust generated on the Canadian side after the nuclear explosion
from India. When did the explosion done and what was the main issue.
a) In 1976, the Uranium that India was exporting to Canada, which was never sent by the Indian side
b) In 1974 when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test
reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion
c) In 1990, when Canada tried to exploit the resources from India for explosion purposes instead of
using it for generation of power
d) None of these
Answer. (b) In 1974 when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian
test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion
46. Which of the following statements in relation to India-Canada finalised a Mechanism for Shipping of Canadian Uranium to India is false?
a) Both the sides were successful in inking the agreement on the mechanism of shipment of the Canadian Uranium to India for the first time after 1974.
b) The nuclear trade relations between the two nations were affected, when India used the plutonium
that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion in the year
c) India and Canada on 6 November 2012 succeeded in creating a mechanism for shipping Canadian
Uranium to India
d) India and Canada signed a treaty that states that India can also use the Uranium if required for
generation of Nuclear missiles
i. Statements a and d are false
ii. Statements a, b and c are false
iii. Statement d is false
iv. Statement a is false
Answer. (iii) Statement d is false
47. United Kingdom recently in November 2012 lifted its travel advisory from an Indian State-name
c) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer. (c) Jammu and Kashmir
48. Name the lady reckoned to be a heroine of the World War II and was the world’s first lady radio
operator, who was infiltrated in the then occupied France
a) Noor Inayat Khan
b) Phyllis Diller
c) Makeda, Queen of Sheba
d) Catherine II the Great Empress of All Russia
Answer. (a) Noor Inayat Khan
49. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 5 November 2012 issued a cap of 100 SMSs per day at concession rate. It also fixed a rate of 50 paise per SMS beyond the decided cap. The
body has also placed limitation on the unregistered telemarketers for sending the SMSs, what is the
limitation for these telemarketers put forward by the body.
a) 200 SMSs per hour
b) 200 SMSs per day
c) 200 SMSs per quarter
d) 10 SMSs per minute
Answer. (a) 200 SMSs per hour
50. Which of the statements mentioned below about Akash Tablets is False?
a) The tablet will include NCERT content, GNU Khata- an accounting package for barefoot accountants in rural areas
b) It will include Daisy Books for differently-abled students
c) Scholarship Portal integrated with Aadhar would also be a part of this tablet
d) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants from across
i. Statement i, ii, iii and four all are false
ii. Statement i is false
iii. Statement iv is false
iv. None of these statements are false
Answer. (iii) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants
from across the world
51.Name the person who won the prestigious Kyoto Prize in Kyoto in November 2012.
a) The famous economist and Nobel Prize winner Amratya Sen
b) Astronomer Jan Hendrik Oort
c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
d) Japanese cell biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi
Answer. (c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
52. Name the person who won WISE Award 2012. Wise Award is also known as a Nobel Prize for
a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham
b) Anand Kumar of Super-30
c) Cecilia D’Oliveira– For MIT OpenCourseWare (USA)
d) Mhammed Abbad Andaloussi - School-Business Partnerships
Answer. (a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham
53. A rare 76 carat diamond named after the Austrian owner Archduke Joseph August was auctioned
in November 2012 at a record price of Euros16.9 million or approximately 118 crore rupees at the auction, which was held at Geneva. Name the place from where it was mined?
a) From the mines of erstwhile Jahria Kingdom
b) From the mines Raniganj Coalfield
c) From the mines Singareni collieries in Khammam district
d) From the mines of erstwhile Golconda Kingdom
54. The Government of India in 2012-2013 budget appointed a committee on finalization of guidelines
for GAAR - General Anti-Avoidance Rules to find out ways for preventing tax evasion after for
undertaking the consultations of stakeholders. Name the person who headed the commission?
a) Shri N. Rangachary
b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
c) Dr. Ajay Shah
d) Sunil Gupta
Answer. (b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
55. The Union Cabinet of India in November 2012 passed the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy
(NPPA). As per the new pricing policy declared by the Union Government, what is the number of
essential drugs that would come under price control policy of the nation?
Answer. (a) 348
56. The Ministry of Defence in India inaugurated a coastal chain of static sensors positioned along the
coast of a state in November 2012. The event also signified the operationalisation of the network on
the East coast. Name the state-where these coastal chains of static sensors were inaugurated?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
Answer. (d) Andhra Pradesh
57. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is an independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India. It came into existence by the Act of the Parliament and the act
was named as?
a) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 2000
b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
c) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1994
d) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1999
Answer. (b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
58. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true in relation to the Low Cost Aakash Tablet 2?
i. The tablet was launched by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
ii. It was launched in the month of October 2012 at Delhi University
iii. The processor of the tablet would run with 1 GHz, 512 MB Ram, 7 Inch Capacitative Touch Screen and battery
iv. The tablet would be first provided to Engineering and Medical Students in Kerela
a) Only I is true
b) Only i and iii are true
c) Only ii and iii are true
d) All the four statements i, ii, iii, and iv are true
Answer. (b) Only i and iii
59. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 passed in the Indian Parliament in May
2012 defines child as a person who comes under the age group of?
a) 0 years to 18 years
b) 0 years to 8 years
c) 0 years to 12 years
d) 0 years to 15 years
Answer. (a) 0 Years to 18 years
60. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 has defined the ways to provide a child
friendly process of offence reporting to evidence recording, trial and investigations. Which Section
of the Act allows the Union Government to make the necessary changes in the Act, whenever and
a) Article 12
b) Article 45
c) Article 16
d) Article 19
Answer. (b) Article 45
61. Name the agencies that would be monitoring the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act,
2012 and its provisions, periodically?
a) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and the State Commission for Protection of
b) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
c) The State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
d) National Charter for Children and the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
Answer. (a) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and the State Commission for
Protection of Child Rights
62. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) gave clean chit to Rajasthan Atomic Power Plant
(RAPP) that was hit by a controversy over the clean-chit. Over the controversial unit 6 of RAPP that
was exposed to hazardous tritium. Name the place, where this Energy Agency is located?
d) Shree Ganganagar
Answer. (a) Rawatbhata
63. What is the full form of GAAR which was proposed in 2012-13 budgets with a view to preventing
a) General Allocation Attributive Rule
b) General Anti-Avoidance Rules
c) General Antidote-Avoidance Rules
d) General Accident Avoidance Rule
Answer. (b) General Anti-Avoidance Rules
64. Name the Tamil Writer and Novelist who died in the month of November?
b) P.V. akilandam
c) S. Bhasyam
d) Kamala Sadagopan
Answer. (d) Kamala Sadagopan
65. Name the State announced tablet computers for students who will pass matriculation?
b) West Bengal
Answer. (c) Jharkhand
66. TRAI regulated a cap of certain number of SMSs at Concession rates. What is the new regulated
number of SMSs allowed by TRAI?
Answer. (c) 100
67. Name the body that acts as the independent regulator of the telecommunications business in
a) TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
b) TRAI (Teleconnect Regulatory Authority of India)
c) TRAI (Telecommunication Regulation Authorised for India)
d) TRAI (Teleservices Regulatory Authority of India)
Answer. (a) TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
68. The new version of Aakash 2 launched by the Indian President Pranab Mukherjee would be made
available to students at a price of 1130 Rupees. The initial one lakh devices is going to be made
available to students of which segment.
a) Management Institutes and Universities
b) Medical Institutes and Universities
c) Engineering colleges and universities
d) Mass Communication Graduates
Answer. (c) Engineering Colleges and Universities
69. Which of the following statements in relation to the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
decision for approval 9.5 percent Stake Disinvestment in NTPC is correct?
a) With this equity disinvestment of NTPC would bring back a sum of about 13000 crore rupees.
b) With this disinvestment the governments holding on NTPC would fall down from present 84.5 percent to 75 percent
c) This will adhere to the minimum public shareholding norms that was stipulated by the Securities and
Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the market regulators
d) At present Government holding on the NTPC was 84. 5 percent
i. Statements a, b, c and d are false
ii. Statements a, b, c and d are true
iii. Statements a, b, and c are true
iv. Statement b is false
Answer. (ii) Statements a, b, c and d are true
70. In the Forbes Global 2000 ranking list of the World’s biggest companies NTPC was ranked at which position in 2012?
a) 337th position
b) 200th Position
c) 90th position
d) 11th Position
Answer. (a) 337th position
71. The Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National Cancer
Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at?
a) Milakpur village of Bhiwani
b) Khairi Gaoin village in Hisar
c) Kheri Sher Khan village in Kaithal
d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
Answer. (d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
72. The Union Government of India in November 2012 inaugurated an Outreach OPD of the AIIMS-II
campus spread over 300 acres. This outreach OPD is well equipped with all types of facilities and has a
capacity of how many beds?
a) 1000 beds
b) 1500 beds
c) 800 beds
d) None of these
Answer. (a) 1000 beds
73. The Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for Purchase of Gold but allowed the
banks to sanction loans as per the general working capital requirements to one section of the business
market. Name the section that has been kept aside from the cover of no loan policy for purchase of
a) Gold Merchants
b) Normal people buying gold for household purposes and celebrations
d) Common man from buying gold for making investments in the share market
Answer. (c) Jewelers
74. Name the leading telecommunications services provider with operations in 20 countries across
Asia and Africa that completed a network transformation programme across its mobile operations in
16 African countries in partnership with Ericsson in November 2012?
a) Bharti Airtel
Answer. (a) Bharti Airtel
75. Sahara Group moved to a body against SEBI asking for some more time for submission of the
documents in context with around 3 crore investors in a case which involves two companies- Sahara
Housing Investment Corporation (SHICL) and Sahara India Real Estate Corporation (SIRECL). Name the authority to which Sahara group filed its petition.
a) Supreme Court of India
b) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
c) Commerce Ministry
d) Ministry of Economic Affairs
Answer. (b) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
76. Nokia India in November 2012 launched its re-branded mobile map services in the Indian market.
Name the service?
Answer. (a) HERE
77. Airtel recently lost title sponsorship race for the Indian Premier League to a close competition.
Name the company?
Answer. (c) PepsiCo
78. Name the Rating Agency that downgraded the Debt Rating of Sony Corp. and Panasonic Corp to
Junk status in the month of November 2012?
b) Moody's Investors Service
c) Standard & Poor's
d) NRSRO (Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization)
Answer. (a) Fitch
79. Name the Swiss Company that acquired French apparel company Lacoste?
b) Cargill International SA
c) Maus Freres
Answer. (c) Maus Freres
80. What is the logo of the French apparel company Lacoste?
Answer. (a) Crocodile
81. Name the integrated travel and travel-related financial services company that launched prepaid
foreign exchange borderless prepaid card in collaboration with MasterCard Worldwide, a global
payments and technology company?
a) Thomas Cook (India)
b) Thomas Cook (Australia)
c) Make My Trip (India)
d) Make My Trip (Singapore)
Answer. (a) Thomas Cook (India)
82. Japan’s oil firm acquired 26 percent stake of Krishna Godavari basin of deep sea block of Oil and
Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in November 2012. Name the company that acquired this sea block
a) Mitsui Oil Exploration
b) Cosmo Oil Company
c) Idemitsu Kosan
d) Inpex Corp
Answer. (d) Inpex Corp
83. Name the state that slapped a fine of 6000 crore rupees on Tata Steel for illegal mining in the
month of November 2012?
a) Andhra Pradesh
Answer. (b) Odisha
84. Maruti Suzuki in the month of October launched a new model of car targeting the competitive
market of Nano and Eon. Name the model?
a) Alto 800
b) Alto’s 800
c) Zen 800
d) Omni 800
Answer: (a) Alto 800
85. ICICI Bank in October 2012 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with an African bank
to extend its banking services diagonally to their combined footprint in India and Africa. Name the
bank with which the MoU was signed?
a) Bank of Africa
b) Ecobank Transnational Incorporated of Africa
c) State Bank of Africa
d) Environmental Insurance Bank of Nigeria
Answer: (b) Ecobank Transnational Incorporated of Africa
86. Name the new channel launched by ZEE network for children
Answer: (b) ZeeQ
87. Mahindra Satyam signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a University to facilitate
joint research and development projects and consultancies in the oil and gas industry. Name the
University and the place where it is located?
a) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
b) CSIR- Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun
c) Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gujarat
d) School of Petroleum Technology, Gujarat
Answer: (a) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
88. Vikram Pandit, the former CEO of Citigroup Inc. Serve the bank as CEO resigned in the month of
October 2012. What was the period during which he handled the bank as its CEO?
a) October 2008 to October 2012
b) 2007 to 2012
c) 2006 to 2012
d) 2008 to 2012
Answer: (b) 2007 to 2012
89. Which of the following statements mentioned below is wrong?
a) World champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret are the two new members of Dhoni’s Mahi Racing Team India
b) Pakistan in November 2012 was declared champion of the Asian Kabaddi Championship after Indian
team walked out from the field in a protest against the referee’s decision of penalizing the Indian Coach
c) The National Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel (NADDP) in November 2012 suspended all the 21 athletes for two years, who were tested positive with methylhexaneamine (MHA) in the run-up of the last Commonwealth Games
d) Indian Tennis Player Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in November 2012 won their first ATP
World Tour Masters 1000 title together defeating Pakistan's Aisam- Ul- Haq Qureshi and Netherlands'
Jean- Julien Rojer by 7-6(6), 6-3 in the final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris
i. Statement a, b and c are wrong
ii. Statement a and c are wrong
iii. Statement c is wrong
iv. Statement d is wrong
Answer. (iii) Statement c is wrong
90. Name the defeated the Indian duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the Men's Doubles
title clash of the ATP World Tour Finals in London in November 2012?
a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez
b) Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
c) Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski
d) Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins
Answer. (a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez
91. Name the players who were nominated IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012b in men and women
a) Aries Merritt and Allyson Felix
b) Aries Merritt and David Rudisha
c) Valerie Adams and Jessica Ennis
d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
Answer. (d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
92. Who is the youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History?
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Jenson Button
c) Fernnando Alonso
d) Michael Schumacher
Answer. (a) Sebastian Vettel
93. Which the Indian Cricketer on 6 November 2012 received the honorary membership of the Order
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) VVS Laxaman
c) Yuvraj Singh
d) Rahul Dravid
94. Name the cricketer who won South-African Sportsman of the Year 2012 award?
a) Vernon Philander
b) Hashim Amla
c) AB de Villiers
d) Robin Peterson
Answer. (a) Vernon Philander
95. Name the nation that won Asian Kabaddi Championship-2012?
Answer. (b) Pakistan
96. Recently the Indian Cricket Captain and right handed wicket-keeper batsman, Mahendra Singh
Dhoni renamed his Superbike Championship Team. What was the previous name of his racing team
and it has been changed to?
a) MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
b) MSD Racing Team India to MSD R-N Racing Team India
c) MSD Mahi Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
d) Mahi Racing Team India to Mahi MSD Racing Team India
Answer. (a) MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
97. Name the Indian Cricketer who was chosen for the Board of Control for Cricket in India's (BCCI) Polly Umrigar award for being India's top international cricketer in 2011-12.
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) M.S. Dhoni
d) Virendra Sehwag
Answer. (b) Virat Kohli
98. Name the Secretary of the Bengal Tennis Association who on 1 November 2012 was appointed as
the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The All India Tennis Association (AITA).
a) Manik Goswami
b) Hironmoy Chatterjee
c) Abhey Singh Chautala
d) Gaganjeet Bhullar
Answer. (b) Hironmoy Chatterjee
99. Gases that come out from the volcano provides a potential threat to the people, animal and
agriculture as well as property of the people residing in the nearby area of the volcano. The gases
released from the volcano contains gases like sulphur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride and carbon dioxide
in huge amount, which pollutes the air in the atmosphere. Which of the following gas causes acid
a) Hydrogen Fluoride
b) Carbon Dioxide
d) Sulphur Dioxide
Answer. (d) Sulphur Dioxide
100. Researchers fabricated an all-new paperthin bullet-proof super material, which has the capability
to self-assemble into alternating rubbery as well as glassy layers. The nano-material has the ability
to translate into the safety beyond the vests. These technological advancements could be used for
protective coating for the jet engine turbine blades as well as the satellites. Name the institute from
which the researchers and scientists belong to?
a) University of Edinburgh and Rice University
b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Rice University
c) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and University of Edinburgh
d) Rice University and University of Sterling
Answer. (b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Rice University
101. Australia on 22 November 2012 approved the plan to save an ailing river system. What is the
name of this ailing river system?
a) Murray-Darling Basin River System
b) Cooper Creek- Darling Basin River System
c) Murrumbidgee - Murray Basin River System
d) Flinders- Cooper Creek Basin River System
Answer. (a) Murray-Darling Basin River System
102. Which is the third brightest object in the sky after sun and moon?
b) International Space Station (ISS)
d) None of these
Answer. (b) International Space Station (ISS)
103. Scientists on 8 November 2012 revealed about the discovery of a special type of bacteria in the
Ocean with abilities of combining together for the formation of the long conducting nano wire cable
for transportation of electrons and capturing the oxygen available at the surface for carrying out the
metabolic activities. What is the live wire made up of?
a) Living neurons
b) Living bacteria cells
c) Living biological cells
d) None of these
Answer. (c) Living Biological cells
104. Name the Agency that announced in November 2012 that United States would takeover Saudi
Arabia as world’s biggest oil producing nation by 2017?
a) International Atomic Energy Agency
b) International Energy Agency
c) World Bank
Answer. (b) International Energy Agency
105. Name the country that recognized the new Syrian Opposition Coalition in the month of
Answer. (d) France
106. India and Japan in November 2012 signed Earths Pact on?
a) Rare Earth Minerals
b) Senkaku islands
c) Himalayan flora and Fauna
d) Natural resources air, earth and water
Answer. (a) Rare Earth Minerals
107. US recently lifted import bans from a country before the historical visit of President Obama to it.
Name the Country to which Obama made his visit?
Answer. (a) Myanmar
108. Bangladesh opted out of D-8 Summit Scheduled to be Held in Pakistan in November 2012. What
was the cause for this decision made by Bangladesh?
a) Because of the growing terrorism activities in Pakistan
b) Because of the attack that happened on Malala that happened in the recent past in Pakistan
c) Because Pakistan refused to apologise for the deeds committed during 1971 war which eventually led to Bangladesh’s independence
d) Because of the unsound diplomatic relations between the two nations
Answer. (c) Because Pakistan refused to apologise for the deeds committed during 1971 war which
eventually led to Bangladesh’s independence