1. Largest SC community is chamar. The rainiest period for Tamil Nadu is October-November & not
December-January. Shola is a type of high-altitude stunted evergreen forest found in southern India
mainly in Karnataka, Kerala & Tamil Nadu. India has monopoly in the production of Lac.
2. Rama's Bridge, Nala's Bridge or Adam's Bridge is a chain of limestone shoals, between the islands of Mannar, near northwestern Sri Lanka, and Rameswaram, off the southeastern coast of India. The Pamban Bridge also called Indira Gandhi Bridge lies on the Indian end of the Palk Strait that connects Rameswaram island to mainland India.
3. Banbasa wild life sanctuary is in U.P. The largest tiger reserve in India is Nagarjuna Sagar – Sri Sailam tiger reserve.
4. Rivers of East India from North to south are Damodar, Subarnarekha, Brahmani-Baitrani & Mahanadi.
5. The rivers of Peninsular India from North to south are Krishna, Penneru, Palar, Cauvery & Vaigai.
6. The major tribes who inhabit the mountains of Kerala are Kanis, Uralis, Kadar, Kanikkar, Paniyar etc.. They are considered to be the descendants of the Negrito race. Even the Angami Nagas & the Badgis of the Rajmahal Hills in Bihar belong to the Negrito race.
7. The largest permanent migration of the Indian outside the country in the last century was associated with the sugarcane plantations.
8. Vishakhapatnam is the deepest port. Kolkata is riverine port. Kandla is tidal port. Mumbai is biggest port. Nava-Sheva (JLNP) is the busiest port.
9. Kadam project is in Andhra Pradesh & Gurusoppa project in Karnataka.
10. Bheraghat falls (Narmada), Sivasamudram falls (Cauvery) & Hundru falls (Subarnarekha)
11. Tungabhadra water dispute (A.P. & Karnataka), Krishna Water dispute (Maharashtra, Karnataka &
12. The major fishing harbours of India are Cochin, Madras & Vishakhapatnam
13. The following steel plants are in order of decreasing capacity: Bhilai, Durgapur & Burnpur.
14. Kerala coast is an example of emergent coast. Kolleru Lake in Andhra Pradesh; Sasthamkotta Lake in Kerala are important.
15. In 2001 census, the proportion of children population to total population was the least among jains & the sex ratio was the least among sikhs.
16. The correct sequence of ranges/hills in peninsular plateau region from north to south is Garhjat Hills, Balaghat range, Palkonda range, Cardamom hills.
17. Valmiki Tiger reserve & Kabar Lake bird sanctary are in Bihar. Ujni wetlands is in Maharashtra & Deeper Beel wetlands in Assam. Shahpur Kandi irrigation project is in Punjab & Teesta Barrage in West Bengal. Kanheri National Park (Maharashtra) & Chandaka National Park (Orissa)
18. India is divided into five seismic zones. Zone I is most secure & Zone V being most vulenerable.
Aluminium plants are located near source of power & not near raw material.
19. Uttar Pradesh has the largest area under ravines. Aliabet is the largest island in the estuary of the
20. Kanthi coastal plain is in West Bengal & Nadhra plain is in Eastern Ghat.
21. Saddle Peak (North Andaman), Mount Thuiller (Great Nicobar), Mount Diavolo (Little Nicobar) & Mount Ford (Rutland Island).
22. Amarkantak plateau has radial drainage pattern. Garland canal project connects the rivers of east & west India.
23. Assam shares its boundary with seven other Indian states, Mizoram with three states & Tripura with 2 states. Both M.P touches 5 states & Chattisgarh touches 6 states. UP touches 8 states.
24. Total number of India states that form international border with the neighbouring countries is 17. Five Indian states have common border with Bangladesh.
25. In India the international boundary shared with different countries is Bangladesh (4096 km), Pakistan (3310 km), Myanmar (1458 Km).
26. Tso-morari is a huge mountain lake in Southeast Ladakh. Kolleru Lake is a large freshwater lake in India's Andhra Pradesh state. Ashtamudi Lake (Ashtamudi Kayal) is in Kollam district of Kerala state in south India. Ashtamudi Lake is designated a wetland of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
27. Highest point is Singapore is Timah Hill. Lake Wular is the largest freshwater lake of India. Loktak lake is formed due to faulting. Vembanad Lake due to offshore bar formation in backwaters of Kerala.
28. Brahmaputra River has maximum surface run off while Ganga has maximum catchment area.
29. The name of Pench National Park, M.P. was changed to "Indira Priyadarshini Pench National Park". Orissa coast is mainly depositional in character.
30. Zojila pass is from Srinagar to Ladakh. Western ghats were uplifted in the Cenozoic period.
31. Tropic of Cancer passes through the following 8 states - Gujarat, Rajasthan, M.P, Chhattisgarh,
Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura & Mizoram. It does not pass through Orissa.
32. The most prominent India-Bangladesh border issues are the Tin Bigha Corridor, Muhuri Char and New Moore ( or South Talpatty/ Purbasha island).
33. Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) comprised 16.2 percent and 8.1 percent respectively of the total population, according to Census of India 2001.
34. Indian board of wildlife is headed by Prime Minister of India. Gulf of Kutchh is a coral reef area.
35. Ragi, Bajra & Jowar are the three most important millets produced in India. Groundnut, rapeseed &
mustard are the most important oil seeds produced in India. India imports 40 % of its oilseeds needed.
36. U.P, Punjab & Rajasthan are the top 3 milk producing states in India. In terms of sheep population
Rajasthan ranks number one.
37. India is divided into 35 meterological sub divisions. IMD defines normal monsoon year as the rainfall between june-september is within plus/minus 10 per cent of the normal figure of 88 cm for the whole country.
38. The Pangong Tso (largest in Himalayas) & Tso Moriri lakes are in J & K region. Gurudogmar in Northern Sikkim is the highest lake.
39. Port Blair is located on South Andaman. Biggest island on Andaman & Nicobar island is Middel
Andaman. Highest point in the whole island is Saddle Peak on North Andaman Island. Narcondam island lies to the north of Barren Island, both being to the east of Andamans. Mallamalai hills, Palakonda range (both in A.P), Javadi Hills & Shevaroy Hills, Panchamalai hills, Sirumalai hills, Varushnad Hills in the eastern ghats (all 5 in Tamil Nadu) are in that order from north to south. Nilgiris (Extreme west TN), Annamalai hills & Cardamom hills from north to south in western ghats.
40. Moran river drains into Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar in Uttar Pradesh. Chandor Hills lie to the west of
Ajanta range in Maharasthra. To the south of Ajanta range lies Balaghat. Rajmahal Hills lie in NE
Jharkhand, forming the NE edge of Chhotanagpur plateu. Ramgarh hills lie in North Chhattisgarh &
Bastar plateau in south Chhattisgarh. Dandakranya overlaps Bastar plateau. To the south of Satpura range lies Mahadeo hills & Gawilgarh hills. Rayalseema uplands lie to the south of Telangana plateau.
41. Pondicherry consists of four small unconnected districts: Pondicherry, Karaikal (Tamil Nadu) and Yanam (A.P) on the Bay of Bengal and Mahé (Kerala) on the Arabian Sea.
42. Zoji La (J&K) Bara Lacha, Shipki La (H.P) Thag La, Niti & Lipu lekh (Uttaranchal) in that order form NW to SE.
43. Mountains (11 %), Hilly region (18.6 %), Plateau (27 %) & Plain area (43 %) of total india’s area.
Sectoral Consumption of electricity is Industrial (35%), Agriculture (31%), Domestic (21%) & Commercial (6%)
44. The east coastal plain is known as Northern Circars between Mahanadi & Krishna & Carnatic between Krishna & the Cauvery rivers.
45. Rectangular drainage pattern (Kosi & its tributaries), Superimposed pattern (Damodar & Chambal),
Radial pattern (Amarkantak & Kathiawar region).
46. The maximum number of National Parks is in M.P & maximum sanctuaries in Andaman & Nicobar
47. Peaty & organic soils are found in Kottayam & Alappuzha districts of Kerala where they are called Kari. Tidal or Littoral forests occur around the deltas, estuaries.