1. Which team won the Vijay Hazare trophy 2013?
2. Name the Venezuelan President who died recently?
Answer. Hugo Chavez
3. Who won the Celebrity Cricket League 2013?
Answer. Karnataka Bulldozers
4. Who won the WGC Cadillac Championship 2013?
Answer. Tiger Woods
5. Who is sworn in as the new governor of Bihar?
Answer. DY Patil
6. Who is sworn in as the new governor of Tripura?
Answer. Devanand Konwar
7. Who is sworn in as the new governor of Kerala?
Answer. Nikhil Kumar
8. Who is sworn in as the new governor of Odisha?
Answer. SC Jamir
9. Who is sworn in as the new governor of Nagaland?
Answer. Ashwani Kumar, He was the former Director of the CBI.
10. Who is honoured with Indira Gandhi Peace Prize recently?
Answer. Ela Bhatt, founder of the Self Employed Women‟s Association (SEWA), was presented with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2011 by the President of
India, Pranab Mukherjee. 2
11. Who won the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix?
Answer. Sebastian Vettel
12. Which are the two elements that added to the Periodic Table recently?
Answer. Flerovium and Livermorium
13. Who was crowned the Femina Miss India World 2013?
Answer. Navneet Kaur Dhilon
14. Who won the Miss India International 2013?
Answer. Zoya Arfoz
15. Who is the Chairman of National Innovation Council in India?
Answer. Sam Pitroda
16. Who is the present Chief Justice of Orissa high court?
Answer. Chokalingam Nagappan
17. Name the personalities who have launched global sim card „Jaxtr SIM‟ for international travelers:
Answer. Sabeer Bhatia and Yogesh Patel
18. When is the First International Happiness Day celebrated?
Answer. 20th March 2013
19. Who is chosen for Saraswati Samman award 2013?
20. Which Indian state made Malayalam must for its government jobs?
21. Who is named as world‟s richest footballer with a net worth of $260 Million?
Answer. David Beckham
22. Where in China 48 metre high Buddha statue was built?
Answer. Xingzi County of Jiujiang City
23. Who was named „Sportsperson of the year‟ by Tata Steel for her achievements on the occasion of
174th birth anniversary of Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata?
Answer. Deepika Kumari
24. Who won the inaugural Physics Journalism Prize sponsored by the Institute of Physics and Science
and Technology Facilities Council?
25. Who was sworn in as Kenya‟s 4th president?
Answer. Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta 3
26. Which former British Prime Minister popularly known as the „Iron Lady‟ passed away on April 8?
Answer. Margaret Thatcher.
Note: She was the longest serving British prime minister (1979-1990) of the 20th century and is the only woman to have held the office.
27. Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Lebanon?
Answer. Tamam Salam
28. Which country will host ICC World T20 2014?
29. Who won the gold medal in the men‟s triple jump in the season opening Indian Grand Prix?
Answer. Renjith Maheswary
30. Who is appointed as President of International Chamber of Commerce?
Answer. Rajan Bharti Mittal
31. Who is elected as president of Paraguay?
Answer. Horacio Cartes
32. Who is the lady popularly known as "Human Computer", she died on 21st April 2013?
Answer. Shakuntala Devi
33. Who developed the world‟s lightest substance recently?
Answer. Chinese scientists have developed the world‟s lightest substance “carbon aerogel” with a
density only one sixth of that of the air. Scientists at Zhejiang University produced the solid material
which has a density of only 0.16 mg/cubic centimetre, breaking the previous record of the world‟s
lightest material held by graphite aerogel. The graphite aerogel was developed by German scientists last
year with a density of 0.18 mg/cubic centimetre.
34. Who won the Prestigious Templeton Prize 2013?
Answer. Desmond Tutu.
Note: South Africa‟s Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu has won “2013 Templeton Prize” for his
lifelong work in promoting love and forgiveness.
35. Rahi Sarnobat won a Gold medal in 25-M Pistol Event
Note: Rahi Sarnobat clinched the first gold for India in International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)
World Cup in Korea on 5 April 2013. She defeated Kyeongae Kim 8-6 in 25m pistol final. She is the first pistol shooter from India who won the Gold in World Cup.
36. World Health Day was Celebrated on 7th April.
Note: World Health Day is celebrated every year on April 7, under the sponsorship of the World Health
37. Who got the Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2012?
Answer. Hindi film actor Pran Krishan Sikand got the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2012.
38. Who is elected as the President of Venezuela recently?
Answer. Nicolas Maduro
39. India‟s first and only Women Chief Election Commissioner ……………. passed away recently?
40. The 2013 SAARC literature festival was hosted by which place?
41. The President of Bangladesh who passed away recently?
Answer. Zillur Rahman
42. Which are the three North Eastern states where new High Courts have been set up?
Answer. Tripura, Meghalaya and Manipur
43. World Earth Hour was observed from 8.30PM to 9.30PM On:
Answer. March 23
44. World Water Day was observed on:
Answer. March 22
45. World Tuberculosis Day was observed on:
Answer. March 24
46. Najib Mikati, who resigned recently was the Prime Minister of:
47. The recently announced National Tourism Award 2011-12 for the Best Rural Tourism Project has
been bagged by:
48. The president of Egypt who visited India recently?
Answer. Mohamed Morsi
49. The renowned African novelist and author of „Things Fall Apart‟ who passed away recently?
Answer. Chinua Achebe
50. Who is appointed as India‟s new permanent representative to the United Nations?
Answer. Asoke Kumar Mukerji
51. Who has been appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Academy?
Answer. Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
52. Who are the three personalities recently selected by the Indian Parliamentary Group for the
Outstanding Parliamentarian Award?
Answer. Arun Jaitley (2010), Karan Singh (2011) and Sharad Yadav (2012)
53. Who is the richest person of the world, as per the ranking released by the Forbes Magazine?
Answer. Carlos Slim (Mexico) 5
54. The famous Kathakali artist and Padmabhushan recipient who passed away recently?
Answer. Kalamandalam Ramankutty Nair
55. Which team won the recently held Santosh Trophy Football tournament?
56. Who has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tripura for the fourth consecutive time?
Answer. Manik Sarkar
57. Which Indian Research Centre has announced that it is currently developing the largest magnet in
Answer. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. The magnet, weighing 50,000 tonnes, is being developed for
the Neutrino Observatory to be set up in Tamilnadu.
58. The newly released Book, “Walking With Lions, Tales from a Diplomatic Past” is written by:
Answer. K. Natwar Singh
59. The president of India was the Chief Guest at the Independence Day celebrations of …………….. on March 2012.
60. Who has been elected as the new Pope of the Catholic Church?
Answer. Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina. He has chosen the name „Francis‟.
61. India‟s first indigenously developed subsonic cruise missile:
Answer. Nirbhay. The test firing of the missile on March 12 achieved partial success.
62. …………. was selected as the best feature film for the 60th National Film Awards?
Answer. Paan Singh Tomar (Hindi) directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia
63. Which state assembly has started year long celebrations to mark 50 years of its inception?
64. Who has been appointed as the President of the People‟s Republic of China?
Answer. Xi Jinping and Li Keqiang has been appointed as the country‟s new Prime Minister.
65. Who has been elected as the new chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
Answer. S. Gopalakrishnan
66. The Indian who has been appointed as the World Editor of the Time Magazine?
Answer. Bobby Ghosh, He is the first non American World Editor in TIME‟s history.
67. The current winners of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament?
68. Who scored the fastest debut century test cricket?
Answer. Shikhar Dhawan
69. Which Malayalam film bagged the National award for the best film on social issues?
Answer. Spirit, directed by Renjith 6
70. The world‟s largest biogas plant has been inaugurated in?
Answer. Finland, It has a capacity of 140 MW.
71. Which state celebrated its foundation day as Utkal Divas on April 1?
Note: It was established as a province in the British India on April 1, 1936.
72. The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) commissioned its first solar power plant in:
Answer. Dadri, Uttar Pradesh
73. The 5th BRICS summit was recently held at:
Answer. Durban, South Africa (March 26-27).
Note: The member states of BRICS are Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
74. The Indian space scientist who has been inducted into the prestigious Satellite Hall of Fame, Washington:
Answer. U.R Rao, He is the first Indian to get this rare honour.
75. The Italian foreign minister who resigned over the government‟s decision to return the two Italian
marines to India?
Answer. Giulio Terzi
76. Which gulf country has recently enforced the new labour law named „Nitaqat (Naturalisation)‟,
which affects a huge number of Indians working there?
Answer. Saudi Arabia
77. Sukumari, the veteran film actor who passed away recently, had made her debut at the age of 10
through the Tamil movie…………..
Answer. Oru Iravu
78. Malala Yousafzai has recently signed a deal to publish her autobiography titled …………..
Answer. I Am Malala
79. World Autism Awareness Day was observed on:
Answer. April 2
80. In which state has the NTPC decided to set up India‟s first geothermal plant?
81. Hamadi Jebali, the Prime Minister of …………., has resigned after failing to form a non-partisan
82. The Government of Kerala has recently amended the Kerala Abkari Act by raising the age for
buying and selling liquor to ………….
Answer. Twenty One. The age limit was previously eighteen. 7
83. Who was presented with Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, Kerala Government‟s highest literary honour,
on Feb 18?
Answer. Atoor Ravi Varma
84. …………… has been declared as the first e-district in Kerala?
85. The Kerala State award for the Best feature film was bagged by the movie ……………
86. Angelo Mathews has been appointed as the captain of the Cricket team of:
Answer. Srilanka. He replaced Mahela Jayawardene.
87. India‟s new stock exchange, …………. Started trading shares on February 11.
Answer. MCX-Stock Exchange (MCX-SX)
Note: MCX stands for Multi Commodity Exchange. This is India‟s third national level stock exchange,
after Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
88. The code name given to the entire plan of the execution of Afsal Guru, the parliament attack convict:
Answer. Operation Three Star
89. The Ministry of Forests and Environment of India has given clearance to the Tawang Hydroelectric
Project Phase II. In which state is the project situated?
Answer. Arunachal Pradesh
90. The Special Olympics World Winter Games was held from Jan 29 to Feb 5 in:
Answer. Pyeong Chang, South Korea.
91. World‟s tallest Mahatma Gandhi statue was unveiled on Feb 15 in:
Answer. Patna, Bihar
92. Which Indian economist has recently received France‟s highest civilian award, „Commandeur de la
Legion d‟Honneur‟ (Legion of Honour)?
Answer. Amartya Sen
93. Rafael Correa has been re-elected for a third time as President of:
94. World Health Day was observed on:
Answer. April 7
95. Who has taken over as the new Chairman of NASSCOM (National Association of Software Services Companies)?
Answer. Krishnakumar Natarajan
96. Which company launched the electric car named e2o?
Answer. Mahindra & Mahindra
97. India started Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility from April 1 for the senior citizens of which neighboring
Answer. Pakistan 8
98. NPHCE, the newly launched programme by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of India stands for:
Answer. National Programme for the Health Care of the Elderly.
99. Which Booker prize winning novelist and screenwriter known for the novel „Heat and Dust‟
passed away recently?
Answer. Ruth Prawer Jhabvala.
100. Who has created history by becoming the first Indian on a solo non-stop trip across the world in a
Answer. Lieutenant Commander Abhilash Tomy
101. Miss Universe 2012 is:
Answer. Olivia Culpo
102. The recipient of Bharath Muni Samman 2012 is:
Ans. Hema Malini
103. Pranab Mukherjee: The All Season Man was written by whom?
Answer. Sukhendu Sekar Ray
104. The new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh is:
Answer. Virbhadra Singh
105. The Director of Film „Life of Pi‟?
Answer. Ang Lee
106. The new Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is:
Answer. Ranjith Sinha
107. The new Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF) is:
Answer. Subash Joshi
108. „Controversially Yours‟ was written by:
Answer. Shuhaib Aktar
109. „Broken Republic‟ was written by:
Answer. Arundhati Roy
110. I.K Gujral‟s autobiography is:
Answer. Matters of Discretion
111. Which country is set to launch first solid fuel rocket by 2016?
112. At which location, India‟s first all Women Post Office was recently inaugurated?
Answer. New Delhi
113. Which was the theme for „International Women‟s Day 2013‟?
Answer. „A Promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women.‟ 9
114. Which Indian was awarded SAARC Literature Award in 2013?
Answer. Abhay. K
115. Recently, which state government has announced a new scheme called Kanyasri Prakalpa, to
encourage girls towards higher education?
Answer. West Bengal
116. Recently, who was re-elected for a second term as IAEA Chief?
Answer. Yukiya Amano
117. Recently, which country, the giant Atacama Large Millimeter/sub millimeter Array (ALMA)
telescope is unveiled?
118. Who is selected for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2012?
Answer. Ravuri Bharadhwaja for his contributions to Telugu literature.
119) Which university in India will introduce a chapter on the contribution of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar to the Constitution?
Answer: Karnataka State Open University
120) Which education and learning division announced its partnership with Big Bazaar to market their
learning products in their stores across India?
Answer: HCL Infosystems Limited
121. Name the Nehru fellowship recipient Archaeologist who died recently.
Answer: Ranganatha Rao
122. Which are the three new high courts constitute in India?
Answer: Meghalaya, Manipur & Tripura
123. Which is the highest gallantry award in India?
Answer: Param Vir Chakra
124. On which date the United Nation celebrated the first ever “International day of Happiness”?
Answer: 20th march
125. The Supreme Court of India rejected the plea of the Swiss based drug company …………… to patent the cancer drug called Glivec.